Vincent and Rich discuss recovery of a hepatitis B viral genome from a 16th century Korean mummy, and personal omics profiling of an individual over a 14 month period.
Links for this episode:
- Tracing HBV to the 16th century (Hepatology)
- HBV on TWiV
- Precautions with ancient DNA (Science)
- Personal omics profile over 14 months (Cell)
- A geneticist’s research turns personal (NY Times)
- Mike Snyder on Futures in Biotech
- The DASH diet
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 187
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.